We are looking for a Tech Operation Manager (m/f) in our great office in Jakarta
At OLX we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, storia, stradia, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Oversee all aspects of IT department operations including IT infrastructure, Communication (LAN, WAN, email, etc.), database, backup recovery, regulatory compliance
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT group including downtime, reporting service levels, defining and tracking IT operational metrics and provide status to management
- Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics
- Maintains overall security of the company's network, systems, and data
- Ensures high availability of critical business systems hosted by the company
- Owns and maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recoverability
- Manage staff members in their daily activities as well as supporting business projects
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of staff augmentation and systems support
- Manage overall capacity utilization of Server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements
Strategy & Planning:
- Contribute to the development of IT departmental strategies to align with the overall business strategy as well as corporate strategy
- Develop and implement hardware and software standards for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, file & print services, etc.
- Develop and implement data retention standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for effective delivery of services and compliance with regulatory guidance
- Establish and implement 'best-practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Overall responsibility for leasing and strategic planning for system upgrades
- Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, server hardware, network equipment, desktop, laptop, etc.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor degree from a reputable university
- Flexible, adaptive and versatile personality; able to slot into different teams
- Self-starter as well as independent
- Strong leaaderhip and well-rehearsed in strategic management
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, to prioritize them and meet deadlines
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Improve the world.
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form