- OLX Group is part of Naspers, a global internet and entertainment group. In Portugal, we have our Lisbon Tech Hub creating classified products for the globe: many countries in Europe, Asia, Latam, etc.
- In Portugal, OLX is the second Portuguese website with the most visits, every day! Our team is also responsible for other major Internet Portals in Portugal, nº 1 in each sector, Standvirtual and Imovirtual.
- Due to our international growth, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst for our Global Tech Hub in Portugal.
- At OLX we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
- The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
- The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
- Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What primary responsibilities you will have:
- Contributing to product development with meaningful actionable insights, by linking web analytics results to tons of data from other sources
- Performing advanced data analysis over terabytes of information
- Manipulating complex datasets to improve business development
- Coaching and inspiring colleagues
- Adding value by supporting and promoting data-driven management culture
- Identifying and answering key strategic questions
- Supporting decision making processes with clear recommendations
- Cooperating with Product & Tech teams
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be curious and empowered by nature
- Solid experience and proficiency in business analytics, linear and non-linear modelling and probability-based what-if scenarios
- Excellence in SQL and MS Excel (PivotTables)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Working knowledge of at least one data analysis package (R, Python, SAS)
- Strong data visualization and communication skills
- Ability of learning fast, adopting new tools and building new skills when necessary
- Collaborative, open and flexible mindset with critical thinking
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in web analytics will be a major advantage
- Understanding or experience of eCommerce in general or classifieds business in particular will be an advantage
- Knowledge in tracking tools would be a plus;
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global Naspers Classifieds success, based in Lisbon
- Great place to learn and develop within fast growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in diverse world of OLX and Naspers
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies
- You will have perks like company self-service, food supply, bonus system for good performance, and others
Inspired and interested in the job?
If you value/identify yourself with autonomy, innovation and our corporate values, send your application – we need you!
Improve the world.
Join OLX Group.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.