OLX Group is part of Naspers, a global internet and entertainment group. In Portugal, we have our Lisbon Tech Hub creating classified products for the globe: many countries in Europe, Asia, Latam, etc.
In Portugal, OLX is the second Portuguese website with the most visits, every day! Our team is also responsible for other major Internet Portals in Portugal, nº 1 in each sector, Standvirtual and Imovirtual
Due to our international growth, we are looking for a Senior UX Specialist for our Global Tech Hub in Portugal.
...at OLX Group
At OLX we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Produce deliverables including wireframes, user scenarios, and prototypes to communicate product requirements
- Optimize performance of interactions and features through A/B testing, usability research, and data analysis
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts including the development of new features and interfaces
- Produce UX Data Driven
- Manage key stakeholders and provide regular progress reports
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years of experience in a similar user-focused role in web design
- A comprehensive understanding of UX in web and mobile (iOS and Android) technologies and best practices, with a critical awareness in user-centered design
- Experience in UX testing including A/B testing
- Ability to manage multi-project and multi-task processes focusing on communicating progress and successful delivery
- Ability to create Modular designs for scalability and able to deliver from UX flows to final assets
- Knowing the capabilities of the web with knowledge of CSS and HTML and the ability to push the envelope with cutting edge interaction design
- Ability to design in Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Balsamiq, etc.
- Practical knowledge in design thinking
- Experience in pitch to stakeholders of new ideas and concepts
- Experience in Agile teams and companies, dealing with multiple stakeholders and with multiple decision-making processes is a plus
- Interest for latest trends in digital and tech development, especially in UX context
- Creative esprit, entrepreneur and challenge prone mindset
- Good team player, however also being able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Should have a UX & UI portfolio
- Fluent in English language
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global Naspers Classifieds success, based in Lisbon
- Great place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in diverse world of OLX and Naspers
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies
- You will have perks like company self-service, food supply, bonus system for good performance, and others
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Improve the world.
Join OLX Group.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.