We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager Search, Europe Team (f/m) in our great office in Berlin
We as OLX want to embark on a journey with a stronger focus on our Search Experience and provide our users a simple and relevant way to explore and search within the millions of offers we are having on each of our platforms. We therefore want to hire a Sr. Product Manager Search (Europe) (m/f) who brings knowledge and experience and is able to shape and execute a vision.
- OLX is setting up a dedicated team that will be creating the next generation search experience for classifieds. The product this team delivers will allow millions of users in many European and non-European countries to find what they are looking for on OLX.
- This search product needs to be able to deal with fast changing, barely standardized and often unique items as well as across different languages and vastly different market structures across OLX’ geographies.
What you will be doing:
- Develop a strong product vision for a next generation classifieds search experience so users all across Europe can find what they are looking for. Turn your vision into a roadmap and manage its delivery over time.
- Work with your development teams as well as OLX’ data scientists on turning that vision into reality. Discover and define query processing approaches, relevance and ranking algorithms and use machine learning and recommendation algorithms to improve search results.
- Deliver a search experience that works across very different markets in europe, with different languages, geographic structures and other market specifics.
- Create hypotheses, conduct experiments and run A/B tests to understand which initiatives will have the most impact on your success metrics.
- Working closely with the platform team that will integrate your search product into the OLX platform as well as on aligning with other teams working on parts of the classifieds experience that have an impact on searchability of listings.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or other quantitative or scientific studies
- At least 2-3 years experience in a product development role
- At least 2-3 years working directly on keyword search over a vast amount of data
- Experience developing products that work across different languages, geographies and markets
- Deep understanding of search theory, query understanding and rewriting, natural language processing, entity detection, relevance, scoring, ranking
- Overview of specific technologies like Elastic Search or SOLR, their applications, benefits and caveats
- Experience with image recognition, recommendation algorithms and machine learning applications in search is a big plus
- Experience in data-driven product development e.g. experimentation, A/B testing, user research, user testing, data analysis
- A very strong technical background by training or technical orientation by experience, comfortable discussing deep, deep technical topics with development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; required English fluency
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.