We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager Search, Europe Team (f/m) in our great office in Berlin
We as OLX want to embark on a journey with a stronger focus on our Search Experience and provide our users a simple and relevant way to explore and search within the millions of offers we are having on each of our platforms. Therefore they want to hire a Sr. Product Manager Search (Europe) (m/f) who brings knowledge and experience and is able to shape and execute a vision.
- OLX is setting up a dedicated team that will be creating the next generation search experience for classifieds. The product this team delivers will allow millions of users in many European and non-European countries to find what they are looking for on OLX.
- This search product needs to be able to deal with fast changing, barely standardized and often unique items as well as across different languages and vastly different market structures across OLX’ geographies.
OLX is one of the largest e-commerce sites worldwide. OLX is designed to enable people to connect through buying and selling goods and services quickly, easily and for free. We try to create a richer world by bringing people together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. Earth wins. OLX wins. And most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirit. Sharing the same values.
At OLX we have a clear ambition - to create a richer world. We empower people to make the difference and we’re always looking for great people to help us do just that.
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, storia, tradia, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 4000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Develop a strong product vision for a next generation classifieds search experience so users all across Europe can find what they are looking for. Turn your vision into a roadmap and manage its delivery over time.
- Work with your development teams as well as OLX’ data scientists on turning that vision into reality. Discover and define query processing approaches, relevance and ranking algorithms and use machine learning and recommendation algorithms to improve search results.
- Deliver a search experience that works across very different markets in europe, with different languages, geographic structures and other market specifics.
- Create hypotheses, conduct experiments and run A/B tests to understand which initiatives will have the most impact on your success metrics.
- Working closely with the platform team that will integrate your search product into the OLX platform as well as on aligning with other teams working on parts of the classifieds experience that have an impact on searchability of listings.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or other quantitative or scientific studies
- At least 2-3 years experience in a product development role
- At least 2-3 years working directly on keyword search over a vast amount of data
- Experience developing products that work across different languages, geographies and markets
- Deep understanding of search theory, query understanding and rewriting, natural language processing, entity detection, relevance, scoring, ranking
- Overview of specific technologies like Elastic Search or SOLR, their applications, benefits and caveats
- Experience with image recognition, recommendation algorithms and machine learning applications in search is a big plus
- Experience in data-driven product development e.g. experimentation, A/B testing, user research, user testing, data analysis
- A very strong technical background by training or technical orientation by experience, comfortable discussing deep, deep technical topics with development teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; required English fluency
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top talent learning from one another
- Conferences, training and career development
- Competitive salary and fantastic benefits
- Flexible office culture and possibility to work from home
- Company mobile phone, laptop (MacBook Pro / PC), and other tools you might need
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
It’s great that you want to apply for this role! Thank you for taking the time. Below, you will find our standard application form that we would like you to use. Once you hit the submit button, your application will be stored in our talent database. Once we’ve taken a look, we will get back to you. You can expect our feedback within the next one to two weeks. Sometimes it can take a bit longer but you can be assured that we will get back to you no matter what.