Are you a talented super ninja programmer? Do you know how to subclass the Flow Layout in UICollectionView for configuring the appearance of your contents that need to do content-dependent computation? Do you know that with such power comes great responsibility?
Interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day? Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven micro-service architectures are all part of the daily gig.
Do you value openness, transparency and empowerment? dubizzle "Squads" are high performing x-functional teams set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users. We don't believe in monkeys-on-keyboards, we believe engineers are central to the problem discovery process, which is why we let teams own the "what and how" of their respective missions.
Why classifieds you might ask? Sound boring at first? We don't think so! We disrupt consumer exploitation, reinvigorate economies in emerging markets, and keep the world's carbon footprint low through second-hand trade. Don't use your iphone 6 anymore? #itsworthmore than you think! Let a father skype home to his family and kids with your used phone. Let's redistribute the world's unwanted possessions to new owners!
dubizzle is the biggest online classifieds marketplace in the UAE. We believe in fairness, honesty, transparency and ambition. We're humble but confident, irreverent and able to laugh at ourselves, but above all - we badasses. We pick fights with our competitors, move swiftly, nimbly and with agility - at a pace unmatched by others (some might even say 88mph). We are here to build the best platform the Middle East has ever seen and anyone who doesn't have the same goals should look elsewhere!
Coming from abroad? Want a tax free salary, private medical insurance for you and your family, flight tickets home once a year on the house….oh and all the cookies you can eat in the pantry??
Join dubizzle today
To build and maintain world-class mobile applications in collaboration with the other engineers within your product stream, the QA team, the design team and your Tech Team Leads. As a iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for advancing our mobile application and ensuring scale as we grow to millions of monthly active users across many countries.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Hit the ground running - Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the dubizzle code base and technologies stack within weeks;
- Lead planning sessions around new product features, deliver detailed roll-out/roll-back strategies for releases.
- Research and apply industry trends as part of your daily work;
- Create unit tests in accordance with our established standards to cover assigned work;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Actively contribute in post-release maintenance issues;
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Pioneer reliability and efficiency of our current code base, platforms and/or core systems;
- Impact on the direction and scope of dubizzle’s technical vision within your stream;
- Define the architecture of your product steam;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Code review all major pull requests, defining programming standards and providing constructive feedback.
- Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor within the scope of your product stream (and outside of it when required);
- Capacity to push back requirements when incomplete;
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years experience of iOS development and Objective-C.
- A deep understanding of Cocoa-touch
- A good understanding of Swift.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built iOS Apps.
- Have published at least one or more iOS App to the market.
- You can talk all day about Core data, Core Animation and Core Graphics.
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
- The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understand of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- You understand git commands and have a GitHub or BitBucket account.
- The understanding of need to act on deadlines set from above
- Problem solving / innovation
- Be open, honest, transparent and direct when working with your teammates.
- Develop common and shared goals and objectives
- Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided;
- Maintain and ensure optimal software quality within the assigned product;
- Mentor and develop a product vertical team of excellent back end engineers that deliver high-quality code;
- Lead product planning meetings and architect solutions within your stream;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; This is an absolute must, we have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to lead conversations around them;
If you value autonomy, innovation and our corporate values, send your application – we need you!