We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include review balance sheet accounts, Leading month-end close and ensuring the integrity of the General Ledger and Sub Ledgers. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks. You will be looking to make an early step in your career to join a dynamic work environment and a cohesive team. This is an excellent role for an experienced industry accountant and/or a qualified accountant making their first step from Audit.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice Financial Reporting Team
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage/Supervise AP/AR and Junior Accountants.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements according to schedule
- Assist with any tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Lead month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with Accounting principles
- Liaise with our Financial Managerand Financial Controller to improve financial procedures
- Liaise with Group Accounting Team, providing answers to any queries they have in a timely manner
Practical / Technical knowledge
- Proven experience as an accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant, and/or auditor with Big 4
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Netsuite
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Planning, organizing and integrating (managerial) knowledge
- Organized and systematic with Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Service and Quality oriented
- Action orientated and pro-active
- Deadline and result driven
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- 3+ years of Finance Experience either within Practice or Industry
- Proven track record in high volume, fast paced and data centric processing and reconciliations environment
- Experience in leading Finance Team
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Education and training
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution, plus CA/CPA qualified
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.