The job opportunity:
As Netsuite Support Administrator you will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with OLX PH platform.
While you enjoy the fun and agile environment of OLX that is filled with surprise perks like birthday cakes and monthly giveaways, your typical day at OLX probably will include:
- Formulating the right questions and perform deep-dive analysis to help answer these questions, particularly focused in Product and Marketing
- Regular use of big data technology to architect metrics, solve problems, and affect executive decision-making
- Exploring billions of records, to research and develop predictive models and optimization algorithms in a business where a 10% algorithm improvement can mean 10% incremental net revenues instantly
- Identifying key prediction/classification problems, and devise innovative solutions
- Actively provides support with product direction by bringing in innovative ideas generated through data mining and data modeling
- Formulating smart recommendations based on analysis performed
What will make you successful in this job:
- Curiosity – never stop asking questions
- Love for numbers – plenty analyses to oversee and results to interpret
- A bias for action – all analyses should lead to actionable insights
- Strong communicator - insights and ideas will need to be presented to various departments in the company
What we offer:
- A job in a fun, active and vibrant environment and a chance to work with committed, dynamic colleagues
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of millions of Filipinos by bringing them together for win-win exchanges
- A competitive compensation package which includes exciting perks and benefits
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years and above experience in a similar job / role
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related fields
- Keen aptitude for large-scale data analysis with a passion for identifying key insights from data and understanding how to convert a data-mining algorithm into a real-time decision engine
- Advanced experience with Data Science, Predictive Modeling and Programming
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning techniques, such as logistic regression, naïve bayes, SVM, decision trees, neural networks, and random forests
- Expert proficiency in a structured programming language (Python – preferentially, R, SAS, etc.), and having deep experience with relational and non-relational databasing (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop etc.) and Data Warehousing
- Experience in project management is a plus
The OLX Group is a network of online trading platforms in over 40 countries under market-leading brands such as Avito, dubizzle, letgo, OLX, Stradia, Storia, and more.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 60 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 4000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.