We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (f/m), for the Core Services, Sphere team in our great office in Berlin.
The Sphere team at OLX in Berlin is going to be responsible for everything related to locations in the 40+ countries OLX operates in worldwide. The team is responsible for creating sustainable and scalable solutions that enable users to have a better experience finding their items or meeting with other users.
What you will be doing:
- as a member of a cross-functional team, design, build and run OLX web services
- write maintainable, testable and efficient code
- research, suggest and implement new technology solutions following best practices/standards
- taking responsibility for the resiliency and availability of our products
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with Java (version 7 or greater)
- Java 8 experience - will help you getting up to speed!
- test driven mindset with emphasis on code quality
- experience with: MySQL/PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and building RESTful Services
- good understanding of how search systems work
- being excited about technologies, being pragmatic on what to use
- a desire to replace manual processes by automation and writing scripts
- be able to communicate in English (oral and written)
- bonus points for experience with PHP, Python, Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Spring and PostGIS
- bonus points for experience dealing with non-user generated data (e.g., building services on top of pre-made datasets)
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.