We’re looking for a Senior Software Java Engineer (f/m) for the Customer Engagement and Communication team in our great office in Berlin. At Customer Engagement & Communication team we build services, which are used for creating, delivering, optimizing and reporting for user communication for the millions of daily buyers and sellers. Our stack includes Vue.js, Java, AWS, Docker, OpenShift and New Relic. Our mission: Optimize and deliver all OLX Group end-user communication.
We’re a team of 4,000 ambitious, curious people building trading platforms that are used by hundreds of millions of people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of the cross functional team
- Write maintainable, testable and efficient code in a Continuous Integration Environment
- Research, suggest and implement innovative tech for the global OLX Group
- We follow a “you build it - you run it” mentality, where the entire team is working towards keeping the SLA of the service
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Java/Spring developer in an agile context (such as Kanban, Scrum)
- Test Driven mindset with emphasis on code quality
- You’ve got experience with high scale web applications, AWS and Databases
- You’re excited about technologies and being pragmatic on what to use
- You’re not afraid to deep dive problems
- Knowledge of PHP or Python is a plus
- You work better as part of a team, not alone
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.