As the Data & Analytics Head at OLX Philippines, you will be the most senior leader across the company in driving and inspiring high-quality, data-driven products, innovations, and services across a wide set of c2c and b2c online trading platforms.
Our new Data & Analytics Head will be a key thought leader driving all levels of strategy, vision and execution to deliver on the mission of world-class strategy and data-science for OLX Philippines. You will influence and provide expertise by establishing the strategic roadmap and engagement model for data science and analytics utilizing business and industry knowledge. Our ambition is to build the most intelligent and smartest applications for our customers around the globe.
The role will be based in Manila, with the ability for global travel.
A typical day at OLX could include:
- Managing, mentoring and developing a team of business and data analysts
- Defining and developing strategies and plans to improve company key performance indicators and maintain its market leadership
- Apply in-depth analysis and research to the various company verticals to derive insights supporting the strategies
- Support the different business units in solving challenging business problems using business acumen, advanced analytics and creative thinking
- Partnering with the leadership and product teams to identify high-impact opportunities that leverage our extensive data to better serve our customers
- Building a strong culture of data innovation and data-driven decision making across the company
- Implementing best-practice standards for aligning “ways of working” across the company
What will make you successful in this role:
- Strong business-orientation and acumen
- Experience in applying data science to real customer problems
- Ability to communicate insights and solutions in a structured and meaningful way to company executives and peers using data and evidence
- Ability to build trust and alliances across domains
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial experience is highly valued
What we offer:
- An active and vibrant environment and a chance to work with dynamic, smart, and fun colleagues who love to succeed.
- The opportunity to build a brand which makes a difference and helps improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges.
- Competitive compensation package including exciting perks and benefits.
We are looking for someone with:
- An advanced degree in business, economics, and statistics, analytics related course is preferred but not required
- 8+ years of experience, including a strategy role ideally from a top tier management consulting firm, a technology company or similar environment with high exposure to diverse business challenges
At OLX we improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. OLX wins. And most of all, you win by being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirits.
- We believe in creating communities that will empower people and uplift their lives.
- Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods
- We serve over 300 million unique users every month and generating over 28 billion monthly page views in more than 45 countries.
- We generate traffic of over 19 billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries
- Our more than 2,000 committed employees are making a difference from over 25 offices across the globe.