Business Intelligence Analyst (f/m). Berlin, Germany
OLX, the world’s largest online classifieds company, is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Global BI team in Berlin. The successful candidate is a highly-driven and self-motivated business professional with outstanding analytical skills capable of organising large amounts of data and generate meaningful business insights. Reporting to the Head of Global BI, you will work in an agile, cross-functional team of data engineers, data visualisation experts and analytics specialists, to organise and leverage the vast amounts of data that OLX is collecting every day.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will focus on providing insightful information to the business on a variety of topics from financial, marketing, sales, customer and country specific data sources. You will build reports and present them in a way that is easy to understand for both technical and non-technical colleagues.
What you will be doing:
- Turn data into valuable insights and reports for senior management all over the globe
- Build and own dashboards that visualize the performance against some 30-40 key performance indicators. You make them better, you nurture them and if they fail, you fix them
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis
- Independently identify new demands and improving current processes proactively
- Contribute in building and extending our global data warehouse and new dashboards to pull out data for global reporting and analysis
- Use our central data warehouse and data lake to generate actionable business insights that will improve our operations
Who we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree in science or engineering from a leading university
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Capability to think out-of-the-box, zoom out and see the bigger picture
- Minimum of 3 years experience in business intelligence area
- Have experience with data visualisation tools (preferably Tableau)
- Knowledge of SQL experience with Redshift
- Ideally worked in the online industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others internally and external
- Result driven, proactive and determined
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Competitive salary and great benefitsCompany mobile phone
- MacBook Pro, PC, or any type of computer you prefer
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.