Software Engineer Kotlin (f/m), Payments team. Berlin, Germany
The Payment Solutions team at OLX in Berlin is going to be responsible for everything related to payment in the 40+ countries OLX operates in worldwide. Services range (but are not limited to) from providing payment solutions for Value Added Services to cash on delivery solutions and P2P Payments. The team is responsible for creating sustainable and scalable solutions that work over the majority of platforms and that enable to monetize OLX services.
What you will be doing:
- You will help us design, build and continuously improve our new global payment platform
- Research, suggest and implement new technology solutions following best practices/standards
- Taking responsibility for the resiliency and availability of our products
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience in software engineering within the Java ecosystem
- Strong experience and knowledge of the Java ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and imperative programming paradigms
- An interest in learning Kotlin - we will help you getting up to speed!
- A passion to build high quality and engaging user experiences
- Being a great coder who writes clean, maintainable and exchangeable code
- Curious about latest trends and developments in technology and a will to grow constantly
- Experience with agile development practices (Kanban, Scrum, TDD)
- A desire to replace manual processes by automation and writing scripts
- Be able to communicate in English (oral and written)
- Used to work in international environment
- Experience with AWS and Docker containers (desirable)
- Experience with developing front-end web applications and/or mobile apps (desirable)
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.