The Sales Planning & Improvement Lead is responsible for co-developing sales, marketing and operations strategies in order to achieve set goals. You will be helping in the long-term budgeting and planning for the business unit, taking into account internal and external data, in conjunction with working with internal planning teams such as finance and marketing. You will also be expected to project manage the execution of the plans and hand over running operations to their respective sales leads.
This role will report to the Head of the Business Unit of OLX Philippines.
A typical day at OLX could include
- Responsible for planning and budgeting, market expansion and exploring new revenue generation avenues
- Work with the business unit heads/leads to establish goals per team
- Liaise with upper management and leading the execution of strategies to ensure goals are met/exceeded
- Assist other leads in the formulation of their respective teams’ strategies and tactics to ensure that we avoid ‘reinventing the wheel’ across teams
- Own the business process management and ensure that continuous improvement is practiced; making sure that all processes are efficient and aligned with all business units
- Assist in problem-solving initiatives and projection of solutions
- Lead the continuous improvement projects for the different business units
- Make sure all projects within the business units are managed well by the respective project leads (Project Management Office Role)
- Identify market trends and opportunities, evaluate current marketplace and provide important market and competitive information to leadership team
- Work with business/data analytics team to extract insights from data, solve problems and implement new solutions
- Continuously gather and share best practices on sales techniques, administration, and product improvements
What will make you successful in this role:
- Be Independent and Flexible: You require minimal supervision but know how to ask for feedback. You can adapt to any situation on your own.
- Be Driven and Assertive: You conscientiously attain objectives and effectively communicate how to achieve them to your colleagues and external partners.
- Be Data-driven and a Fast Learner: You use data for your arguments and recommendations and learn on the fly.
What we offer
- An active and vibrant environment and a chance to work with dynamic, smart, and fun colleagues who love to succeed
- The opportunity to build a brand which makes a difference and helps improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges
- Competitive compensation package including exciting perks and benefits
We are looking for someone with
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Management/Marketing/Economics
- Five (5) years of experience in online classifieds, ecommerce and/or automobiles
- Strong interest in & understanding of online marketplaces and automobiles
- Proven planning and project management experience with a strong track record of delivering projects
- Preferably an experienced user of sales CRM systems like BASE or Salesforce
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required, strong understanding of MS Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.) preferred
- Ability to be flexible, solve problems, and wear multiple hats in a start-up and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
At OLX we improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. OLX wins. And most of all, you win by being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirits.
- We believe in creating communities that will empower people and uplift their lives.
- Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods
- We serve over 300 million unique users every month and generating over 28 billion monthly page views in more than 45 countries.
- We generate traffic of over 19 billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries
- Our more than 2,000 committed employees are making a difference from over 25 offices across the globe.