OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services. It’s completely free, it can be done from a laptop or mobile phone. Every month, hundreds of millions of people use it to find and sell furniture, musical instruments, cars, houses and more.
As Head of Product Analytics in Europe you will be expected to be a senior partner to product leadership and ensure day to day tactical data is provided as and when needed, while advocating the use of data and analytical tools to support and optimise product development. The position generates analytics and experimentation hypotheses to influence Product priorities, optimize our existing Platforms and measure the impact of the development done by the Product and Engineering teams. This position will be responsible to oversee and contribute the improvement of our reporting/dashboard suit, enhance our A/B and multivariate framework, creating tracking requirements for new features/pages and develop the vision for the Product Analytics team. You will be leading two teams of product analysts which are spread across our tech hubs in Europe and working on cross-functional agile product development packs.
What you will be doing:
- Coach and lead two established teams of analysts, including activity planning and refining working methodologies in order to ensure alignment with overall team strategy
- Use data to generate customer insights and help Tech and Business leadership focus on addressing customer problems and opportunities
- Engage with the Product leadership to develop a robust analytics vision and engagement model
- Leverage data and insights to co-develop Product roadmap in collaboration with Product leadership and their direct reports.
- Champion analytics and data driven decision-making, establish high quality of standards and procedures and promote them within the product organization.
- Partner with Data Tech team to define data and reporting requirements, identify data issues and improve data solutions.
- Improve our experimentation decision framework and recommend and run A/B or multivariate tests and assess their status using statistical analysis
- Taking a proactive approach to understanding the wider market, competitor trends, and designing strategic road maps that drive category growth and further product design or development that will increase new users acquisition, and existing users engagement
- Delivering data driven insights to the wider business including C-Level suite
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience managing diverse product portfolios in the online space, with extensive experience in the digital marketing and customer experience
- Strong analytical background, with experience in managing analysts, engineers, product and customer experience teams
- The ability to utilize insights that increase efficiency in pricing/product/category assortment and increase customer engagement
- Experienced leader with large team and stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to work in a fluid and ever-changing environment
- Experience as a people-manager
- Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Deep understanding of data, as well as a strong business sense
- Passion for making sense of user behaviour, using any available methods
- Recent experience of using more advanced analytics and some combination of:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Capability of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary and fantastic benefits
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top talent learning from one another
- Conferences, training and career development
- Flexible office culture and possibility to work from home
- Company mobile phone, laptop (MacBook Pro / PC), and other tools you might need
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +4000 people and one mindset
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change