We are looking for an Associate Accountant (f/m) in our great office in Berlin.
We are looking for an enthusiastic financial professional to join our OLX team in Berlin. As an Associate Accountant, you will be reporting to the Senior Associate Accountant and work collaboratively on bookkeeping and Accounts payable and accounts receivable projects.
What you will be doing:
- Key partner of the Senior Accountant for the bookkeeping
- Validating and recording journal entries for designated companies
- Ensure that intercompany transactions and balances are recorded timely and accurately
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for the validation of bill vendors, cash expenses, credit card expenses
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and in particular:
- Accurate bookkeeping of bill vendors and expense reports
- Scanning and registration of invoices of vendors in reporting system
- Prepare & record the monthly invoices recharges within the group
- Credit card monthly reporting
- Preparation of payments and Bank reconciliations
- Ensure bookkeeping accuracy & review through the invoicing OCR (optical character recognition) software
Who we’re looking for:
- Certificates or Master Degree in Accounting (CPA, Wirtschaftspruefer, Steuerberaters)
- Minimum 1-2 years experience
- Big Four experience preferably in audit or accounting services
- Strong IFRS skills
- Strong communicator, proactive, self-critical, team player and attention to detail
- Knowledge German GAAP and German Tax
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Experience with Netsuite and Coupa will be considered a plus
- Fluent in English and German
What you get from us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Company Mobile phone
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Berlin Hauptbahnhof
What you need to know about us:
- We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.