We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is a master pipeline builder and can help us drive operational excellence via automation and will build tools to lower operational barriers and improve reliability of the platform.
We’re a team of 4,000 ambitious, curious people building trading platforms that are used by hundreds of millions of people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What you will be doing:
- Optimize and improve our CI/CD workflow
- Engage in the development of continuous integration/deployment strategy.
- Create and maintain the infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds & deployment, and automated end-to-end testing
- Develop and support tools to be used by other engineers
- Identify improvements in existing tools and processes or find and develop new ones.
- Acts as liaison with other stakeholders such as infrastructure and development teams
- Document the services and tools we provide, test and improve procedures and engage in hands-on support as needed.
- Design and manage our monitoring/performance analysis/alerting systems to provide the best performance, scalability and stability
- Advise the development team on best practices throughout the design process of their applications, to ensure that they can be delivered to manageable and highly available production and easy to maintain development environments.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience as a software developer [Python, Node.js, Go, or Ruby]
- Experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Experience working with reverse proxies like Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience with installation and usage of monitoring tools (ELK, Icinga/Nagios, Ganglia, statsd)
- Experience with automation and/or configuration management tools like Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices (twelve factor app)
- Practical cloud experience working with Amazon Web Services and Terraform(or CloudFormation).
- Experience with container orchestration systems like DCOS, Kubernetes, ECS
- Expertise in virtualization and containerization of software environments
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with event driven microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we’ll give you:
- A cool, tech focused environment
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Vibrant social scene
- Staff development & recognition plan
- 1 return flight to home country per year after one-year service
- Medical insurance for Family
- Tax free salary
What you need to know about us:
- Dubizzle is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +4000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it easier for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you want to join us, apply here. If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look here. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.