As the Category Sales Manager your main task is to facilitate the growth of the business. Working primarily with the sales and marketing departments, you as an experienced professional develops training plans to educate and motivate employees of a company to perform at their most profitable level.
Success in this role includes meeting or exceeding overall individual and team revenue goals, as well as the ability to articulate OLX value proposition.
While you enjoy the fun and agile environment of OLX that is filled with surprise perks like birthday cakes and monthly giveaways, your role at OLX would include:
- Managing & developing a category-centric customer/user base by providing strategic direction, campaign management, audience targeting, budget/spend optimization and campaign performance monitoring/reports.
- Conducting product & service presentations to prospective customers (C2C, B2C, B2B) and quickly identify and take advantage of new business conversion opportunities.
- Conducting and/or initiating market research on the industry’s best practices and trends.
- Conducting & providing post sales service as a means to monitor ROI for customers and identifying up-selling opportunities
- Assisting the Category Manager and Product Development Teams in soliciting market feedback and providing recommendations to improve the products/services being offered by the company.
- Working closely with the Business Intelligence Team in culling and analyzing relevant data and implementing strategies and tactics that will help grow the assigned category/vertical.
- Managing sales pipeline and conversion report(s)
- Establishing a collaborative relationships with the other departments’ team members
What will make you successful in this role:
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Making decisions consistent with the organization’s values
- Understands the importance of building strong relationships internally with backend operations and with external clients, takes the time to develop and nurture these relationships in order to excel the team ingrowing the business
What we offer:
- A fun, active and vibrant environment and a chance to work with committed, dynamic colleagues
- Opportunity to make a difference and help improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges
- Competitive compensation package including exciting perks and benefits
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Communication, Advertising, Marketing, Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience and education, preferred
- Extensive exposure in corporate sales, field sales, telesales, account management, category management and business development
- Flexibility and the ability to confidently manage and communicate effectively with different personalities
- A very good understanding of and/or working know-how on digital advertising and marketing will be an advantage
At OLX we improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. OLX wins. And most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirits.
- We believe in creating a richer world by empowering people
- Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods
- We serve over 300 million unique users every month and generating over 28 billion monthly page views in more than 45 countries.
- We generate traffic of over 19 billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries
- Our more than 2,000 committed employees are making a difference from over 25 offices across the globe.