We’re a global product and tech group. 17 brands. 40 countries. 4000 people. One mindset.
We make it easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, promoting prosperity in local communities.
Every month 330 million people use our market-leading trading platforms such as Avito, letgo, dubizzle, OLX and a dozen other local brands.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company. At times it can feel like organized chaos, and that’s the way we like it.
- We are allergic to corporate interference and we love to operate in exotic and challenging markets.
- We improvise, experiment and push each other further. We ask for forgiveness, not permission.
- We embrace uncertainty, drive change and stay brave.
- We are the OLX Group.
Our Culture powers the brave:
- We Speak Up. We are curious, share openly and tell it like it is.
- We Step Up. We take responsibility and challenge ourselves.
- We Shake it Up. We embrace uncertainty and drive change.
Senior Financial Controller – member of OLX Europe Controlling Team who will be responsible for reporting financial results, providing financial analyses and constructive feedback to countries and Central Finance Teams as well as driving automation and standardization in fast-growing European OLX business
Direct reporting: to Controlling Manager OLX Europe
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- As we are fast growing business you would drive standardization and automation across Europe (processes improvement and systems optimization) – at times it can feel like organized chaos
- Manage month close reporting for Europe including the analysis of business results and constructive feedback to countries and services hubs
- Oversee, support and challenge countries’ financial processes:
- Reporting, consolidation including IFRS, management accounting, transfer pricing, as well as Treasury and Risk and Compliance
- Conducting periodic country Balance Sheet and/or Cash flow review
- Delivering regular (automated) insights into financial performance and operational performance
- Clearly formulate, align and communicate priorities for Controlling function
- Advise on governance related structures, processes and controls optimization
- Collaborate with Central Finance Teams on new reporting models implementation
- Support mid-year/year end audit requirements from OLX and Naspers consolidation
Region comprises: Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan Bosnia & Herzegovina; responsibility would include selected group of the countries and central processes
Location: Warsaw (primary location) or Poznań – both with travelling pending project activities around 20% working time
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Practical experience in preparing and/or reviewing financial statements is a must – at least eight years of working experience within financial statements reporting area
- Open-to-change attitude and flexibility
- Result- oriented with hands-on attitude
- Proactive - driving and make things happen, ability to set priorities and solve problems within set deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, team work oriented, be able to speak to and listen to people (cross-functions, cross-country)
- Master degree in Finance as well as fluency in English is a must
- Solid experience in IBM Cognos Software is a plus (Cognos Analytics and Financial Performance Management)
- ACCA, Polish Certified Auditor or other equivalent title, experience with Tax Compliance would be a plus
- Experience in financial system implementation (SAP) is a plus
- Experience in an industry with high pace of innovation, growth, and change or finance process improvement projects will be a plus
As OLX Group is we are ACCA approved Employer – join and learn with us!