We are looking for a skilled, curious and passionate Assistant Brand Manager - OLX Pakistan who wants to make a difference in our great office in Karachi, Pakistan
OLX Pakistan is part of the Netherland based OLX group which is a subsidiary of Naspers. OLX Group is a world leading online classifieds present in 45 countries, across six continents. Through brands including OLX, Avito, Dubizzle and Letgo, OLX Group is the home of online classifieds in high-growth markets. It is the leading destination for buying and selling used goods and services in 34 countries, and the number one mobile app in more than 22 global markets. OLX connects local people to buy and sell used goods, services, cars and properties. Every month, OLX Group gets +1.9 billion site visits, +37 billion pageviews and +54 million monthly listings
In Pakistan, OLX is the 1st and No.1 online classifieds marketplace in all categories. After launching its first TV Commercial in 2012, OLX Pakistan has grown to become the leading online classifieds platform in Pakistan. The brand growth was fueled by heavy marketing investment in Pakistan which was well complemented by the love of Pakistani people who adopted the use of OLX in selling and buying things from cars to furniture, property to mobiles, electronics to pets and a variety of other categories.
The OLX app continues to be the number one classifieds app in Pakistan with 10,000+ daily app downloads. As of March 2017, OLX receives daily traffic of 500,000+ buyers and sellers creating 20 Million page views every day, 30,000+ new ads and 18,000+ unique sellers. This is significant growth when compared to numbers in 2013 with a 200% growth in ads and 160% growth in sellers. People from over 118 cities in Pakistan use OLX and over 50,000 conversations take place between buyers and sellers every day. Today, an ad is posted on OLX every 3 seconds and 70% of these ads are able to find a buyer within a week.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
You will be working with the Head of Marketing for:
- Setting marketing calendar and roadmap: online and offline campaigns, social media, public relations and communication
- Allocating marketing budget among different channels, regularly monitoring and optimizing it
- Overviewing the TV campaigns creatives’ production - initial pitch, script validation, execution, etc.
- Acting as a single-point-of-contact with media agency to manage and monitor the media planning of offline campaigns - pre-campaign pitch, media plan optimization, post-campaign evaluation, etc.
- Managing social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, twitter) – calendar, content creation, community management.
- Liaising with performance / digital marketing team to bring the local knowledge and optimize actions and budget
- Working to generate PR opportunities and execute PR events including all operations and logistics
- Creating all reports and dashboards to measure effectiveness of marketing actions
- Regularly reporting to line manager on updates, key issues and consulting on important decisions
- Ensuring brand values and code are well respected in all communication and marketing material (copy-write, soundproof…)
- Keeping up to date with country, industry and marketing trends
- Meeting or exceeding performance targets stipulated by your line manager.
- Connecting and communicating with the product team, customer services team, sales team to identify marketing opportunities and provide marketing solutions.
- Coordinating on-ground activations and events
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Based in Karachi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English and Urdu
- Degree from a reputed university (LUMS, IBA, CBM and others).
- Masters is a compulsory.
- Energetic, mature, accountable, self-driven, fast learner
- 3-4 years’ experience in a wholistic marketing (Creative, Media, Activations, Events, Social) role. ideally in digital / internet industry / startup / FMCG.
- Comprehensive executional and operations background
- Advanced project management, organization skills, multi-tasking
- Budget management
- Analytical skills, data driven approach, comfortable with numbers and KPIs monitoring
- Creativity and artistic spirit, thinking out of the box
- Knowledge of media planning, online and offline marketing, community management, public relations and creatives.
- Entrepreneurship is key, hands-on attitude
- Third parties management
- Highly computer literate, adept at Excel, PowerPoint and highly online savvy
- Ambitious, positive and committed attitude
- Ability to work in a target driven company
- Agile and flexible (Mentally and Physically