We are looking for a UX Research Manager in our great office in Gurgaon
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
As a UX Research Manager, you will be a part of the Global Product & User Experience Design team that is building the next generation of best-in- class mobile experiences for OLX markets across the globe. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization to craft the user-centric product strategy for launching delightful features and enhancing the existing buy and sell experience on OLX for millions of global users.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- As a key member of the Product & UED team, you will be responsible for inspiring user-
centric changes in the product that will help us create useful, usable and delightful new
features and products as well as continually innovating on our existing product experience.
Your specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Lead planning & conducting of user research activities
a. Collaborate with key stakeholders in co-developing and tracking user
research needs / goals. Pro-actively define & communicate a quarterly
roadmap for all user research & testing initiatives aligned to product
b. Conduct user research at every stage of the product lifecycle from identifying
unmet user needs & conceptualization to prototype validations & usability
tests on the product. This includes conducting ethnographic field studies,
contextual discovery, concept tests, diary studies, online surveys, card
sorting, cognitive walkthroughs, quantitative analysis, VoC studies, usability
and accessibility testing, amongst others.
c. Guide the use of the right research methods basis a strong understanding of
the strengths and limitations of different research methods. Identify what
qualitative or quantitative research technique to apply (when and how)
depending on the product / market / consumer analysis.
d. Lead and facilitate requirements for the development of test artefacts and
prototypes and be completely hands on as required.
- Generate & share insights that influence & drive both strategy & execution
a. Create rich & detailed written presentations & reports to document the
findings of all user research activities.
b. Build & deliver user personas, user flows, consumer journey maps,
experience maps and storyboards basis research studies.
c. Present & communicate research findings in an impactful & engaging way to
cross-functional teams & the wider organization so that they build a strong
understanding of user needs and pain points.
d. Work closely with designers and product managers to turn user research
findings into user stories and actions that lead to improving the user
e. Identify A/B experiments and manage execution and evaluation of the
- Craft user-centric KPIs & measure impact
a. Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify user-centric product and design
success criteria / KPIs associated with improving the user experience.
b. Monitor & measure success criteria post the launch of features / products.
c. Execute ongoing post-launch evaluations to measure success of incremental
changes and participate in decisions regarding future enhancements.
- Drive strategic initiatives to build a user-centric culture
a. Identify, drive and execute on impactful initiatives to drive a user-centric
culture in the organization.
b. Introduce industry best practices associated with conducting user research
and testing. Continuously monitor and improve practices that are being used
for UX research and testing.
c. Build awareness & drive evangelization of emerging mobile and web
interactions and product innovations that enhance user experience.
d. Lead regular competitive benchmarking with similar products available to
- Vendor Management & Recruitment
a. Manage vendor selection and vendor relationships for research services.
b. Lead negotiations and be the owner of the process for vendor contracts.
c. Work with various partners and vendors to identify target groups for studies
d. Influence and guide recruitment of participants through development of
participant screeners that are relevant to each research project.
e. Ensure that the vendors present deep and detailed insights for studies that
they are responsible for conducting.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills - ability to understand and interpret
quantitative and qualitative research findings within the context of the product /
business - and distil findings into actionable recommendations.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual). Ability to
confidently work with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present
information to all levels of the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the who, why, where, what & how.
- Curiosity about people, their behaviour and how they interact with mobile / digital
- Advanced knowledge of software tools & applications for conducting usability
research & testing, creating prototypes and delivering impactful presentations.
- Experience of working with agile development teams.
- Inherent interest in eCommerce & marketplace platforms and broadly in the
consumer Internet & mobile space.
- Most importantly, an extremely positive “Can Do” attitude which continuously
drives you to take initiative and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong team player and leadership skills
- Extensive hands-on experience (preferably > 5 years) in user experience research with a demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking to meet user and business needs.
- At least 3 years of job experience working specifically on consumer or mobile products / apps as a user researcher.
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in one of the following disciplines:Computer Science (with focus on Human-Computer Interaction), Human Factors,Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Design Strategy, Psychology or other related fields
- Relevant experience in qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, usability testing and test method selection
- Delivering high quality deliverables and presentation to senior management
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Improve the world.
Join OLX Group.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form