We are looking for an Operations Engineer in our great office in Buenos Aires
Online classifieds is the consumer to consumer (C2C) trading of used goods through online platforms - mostly mobile. At Naspers Classifieds we have a leading position in emerging markets. Our company spans and unites many cultures and styles into one online multinational. We believe that our group creates maximum value by stimulating bottom-up entrepreneurship, tailoring group support to local needs. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges.
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
- We believe in creating a richer world by empowering people
- Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods
- We serve over 240 million unique users every month
- We generate traffic of over 11 billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Operate a Global rapidly evolving distributed Classifieds Platform at scale
- Responsible for building incident management in production environments, preaching and teaching our own dog food.
- Manage, operate and improve our Monitoring Tools (Prometheus, New Relic and Grafana) to support global distributed ecosystem
- Partake in an on-call rotation schedule as part of a Global Operations team
- Detect, investigate and diagnose availability and performance issues on production environments
- Work closely with and support our Application Teams around the world
- Collaborate and provide guidance on monitoring and incidents handling to our application teams
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- At least 2 years of experience in System Engineering Administration and Infrastructure
- Deep knowledge on Amazon Web Services (we're users of EC2, VPC, RDS and ElastiCache to name a few)
- Proficiency on Configuration Management Frameworks
- Knowledge of core internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, DNS and SSH
- Familiarity with data transfer protocols and formats such as REST, SOAP, JSON
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix Systems and no fear of the command line
- Scripting Skills in at least one programming language, Ruby, Python, etc
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift is a plus.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Last but not least: enjoy reverse engineering! if you feel pride on finding and helping solve strange bugs or odd infrastructure and architecture behaviors this is the role for you!
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Contributing to the global Naspers Classifieds success
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top professionals learning from one another
- A budget for conference and education
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- High-end computer-gear
- Free coffee, snacks and drinks
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Improve the world.
Join OLX Group.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.