OLX is looking for a passionate, experienced and analytical Lead UX Designer to join its Global Product & UX team based out of Gurgaon (Delhi NCR).
Come, join us and be a key member of a world-class, product-centric organization.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be a part of the Global Product & User Experience Design team that is building the next generation of best-in-class mobile experiences for OLX markets across the globe. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization to design delightful features & user experiences and improve the existing buy and sell experience for millions of global users on OLX.
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
As a key member of the Product & UED team, you will be responsible for inspiring user-centric changes in the product that will help us create useful, usable and delightful new experiences as well as continually innovating on our existing product experience.
Your specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Build a strong understanding of users
- Partner with UX researcher to write, facilitate, and analyze user research to build a strong understanding of users. Conduct usability studies and put together detailed, structured analysis of issues and potential solutions.
- Plan, facilitate and lead collaborative design sessions (including sketching and ideation) to generate ideas or feedback both remote and in-person.
- Help define product requirements by collaborative brainstorming and high-level prototyping with cross-functional teams.
- Deliver great user experiences
- Create user-centric designs by considering customer feedback and usability findings. Design across multiple form factors including web, iOS and Android.
- Design detailed wireframes with clear user journeys, information architecture, interaction flow and interaction model, user flows/process flows.
- Design low and hi-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Produce deliverables including presentations, graphic designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes, usability reports, design specs, etc.
- Communicate and influence design decisions
- Communicate and present design work to the user experience team, product team and senior leadership for review and feedback and to drive decisions and get the commitment on final UX deliverables.
- Effectively sell design solutions to cross-functional teams and stakeholders through design storytelling and by demonstrating traceability in the design thinking.
- Work with visual designers and engineering teams to ensure the integrity of user experience in the final product.
- Apply your UX knowledge and experience to the development of design processes and philosophy.
- Create and maintain design schedules. Communicate status and agreements with partner teams.
- Regularly learn and stay up-to-date on design theory, practice and tools. Apply as necessary into the organization.
- Mentor junior designers to support their development and continuous progress.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Excellent problem solving and design skills - ability to understand and interpret user problems within the context of the product/business - and distill findings into actionable design recommendations and solutions.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual). Ability to confidently work with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the who, why, where, what & how.
- Curiosity about people, their behaviour and how they interact with mobile / digital products.
- Advanced knowledge of software tools & applications for conducting usability testing, creating prototypes and hi fidelity designs and delivering impactful presentations.
- Experience of working with agile development teams.
- Inherent interest in eCommerce & marketplace platforms and broadly in the consumer Internet & mobile space.
- Most importantly, an extremely positive “Can Do” attitude which continuously drives you to take initiative and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong team player and leadership skills
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role working on consumer mobile products.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or a related field. Preferably a Masters degree in design.
- Experience in designing consumer-facing Mobile apps, both for Android and iOS
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers and product managers
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- A budget for conference and education
- Competitive salary and great benefits
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.